Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, September 11, 2011

I've come out of the craft closet at work.....about my hobbit....

Well, I went and did it...I came out of the craft closet about my hobbit ( habit + hobby)=hobbit....Crochet...I don't usually talk alot about myself to others, and would consider myself private person to some degree. We somehow got on the subject of crafts because I asked if anybody ever used a paint pen.  Fortunately for me there was only 3 of us there. I mentioned that I was trying to get some items together for the craft fair and of course theey asked what I was making.. They asked me what I was going to do with the paint pen, and I said I am making price tags for my items. This is the very first comment " You have too much time on your hands girl",  They had a laugh.

 It is funny because the one who said this to me, sews. She doesn't look or act like somebody who makes clothing or does alterations, and you couldn't pick her out of a crowd, if you did she would deny it. She told me privately that she used to sew and made all her girls clothes etc while they were growing up, and even got sentimental about the sewing machine which was her grandmothers. But yet, she made that comment. And she stays in the craft closet, hiding her light. She also told me that she did a project for someone during a very stressful time, and the project completely took her out of the moment and she relaxed if for even just a little while.

I explained to her that is why I craft, it takes me away and out of the world for a moment to create something lovely. The next day I took and should not have the Crinoline Lady in...They just don't get it.. I told my DH
maybe I am the one who doesn't get it. Is there something wrong with me? He said no..it is their problem. I was hoping he would say that. Phew!  I wish I hadn't done it, you live and learn. Today, I saw this button over at Mama Lezlie's, Exquisite Crochet Dainties...check out her work, she's on my sidebar. Anyway..I saw this butoon...It applies




.I am more then ever THANKFUL for all of you, that we can visit and share and you don't roll your eyes and make comments ( the goofy kind ), you get it, you are all real...and I love talking crafties with you..
THANK YOU...
I really do appreciate you all so much..you make a difference...to me...

7 comments:

vikki said...

Don't ever stop doing what you do..I think everyone should have a "hobbit"..Those that don't are usually the ones that say "I'm bored"..I am never bored and look foward sometime anxiously to the part of my day when I can grab my hook..YOU GO GIRL!!

Mary said...

I think I understand why you are a private person at work. Some people just plain don't get it. I believe it is their loss. When I look at the amazingly beautiful crocheted items that come from someone's hands and a simple ball of string or yarn, it amazes me everytime. I believe God created the love of beauty inside women. Don't stress over those who don't get it. Hope your Sunday is a wonderful and restful day.

Faith said...

I couldn't agree more...they say they are bored so they work???????
what would I do at home all day.?
W H A T ?????????? These
girls work to get out of the house...I work because...well we need to buy food and have a roof over our heads...unemployment...If I didn't have to work yeeeehaaaaa, I could find hundreds of things to do...it is sad...for them...I'm keeping on keeping on...thank you for chiming in, move that hook, or needle, or paintbrush....

Sandy said...

What a rude obnoxious comment for someone to make. I'm sorry that happened, keep your craft light on my friend. Share it with us...your kind and unwind. I can't tell you how much knitting I did at my Mother's death bed. It kepted me focused, my hands busy and helped through it.
Hugs

Mary at Deep South Dish said...

Hmmm would have to agree with your hubby I think!! Sometimes folks just say stupid things, for many reasons really. Just brush that off and be yourself!

Faith said...

Thank you, for your supportive comments....I appreciate it....

Kateri said...

I like the term hobbit. That describes the cross between a hobby and a habbit perfectly. :)

I've gotten laughed at by my coworkers because I spend a lot of time gardening and canning, so I understand where you are coming from. I would say, just keep doing what you enjoy. It is your life, not theirs!