Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Mornin Monday Bloghop, what is it that you enjoy...there you will find joy....


From my garden....
How many of you lovlies enjoy brussel sprouts?
What, say you...Yuck.....
I love 'em...and have grown some in the garden again this year...it is fairing pretty well and is very tall..This is one of the few things I actually grew from seed which took...so here is a of course a picture of the lovely
brussell..and can you see the itty bitty tiny brussells grown in the crook of the stem? I had no idea this is how brussells grew, and for those of you who don't care....neither did you...right?  Well anyway..this is a simple joy because I grew this from seed in my garden, and will enjoy the fruit of my labors when the cold air blows over my garden, tucked in and ready for the next burst of green.



the little droplets of water are pretty too....
What say you, do tell....? 

2 comments:

Susanne said...

Absolutely love Brussel Sprouts and just don't have much luck with growing them in our garden.

Doris Sturm said...

I LOVE Brussels sprouts, but must honestly say I've never grown any, nor see them grow...I bet they taste doubly delicious when you know they came out of your own garden. I was thinking of those tiny little cabbages just yesterday when I got a sudden craving for them ;-)

I'm also kind of surprised watching my Kohlrabi mature. When I put Kohlrabi seeds in the ground I thought that the actual edible Kohlrabi is a root that will grow under ground, but it grows on top in the middle of the plant like a cabbage....

Have a wonderful Labor Day and enjoy the fruits of your labor ;-)