Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Is this a stage or my age?





Not having travelled this way before, I'm not sure what this is. I feel that I have changed alot in the last year. Gone is the silliness of my youth, replaced now by maturity which does not see the humor sometimes. The world is moving to fast for me, and I have become somewhat old fashioned, I'm not ashamed of it or anything.  I like the  place where I am in right now  for it is who I have turned out to be.

 Oh I still have dreams but they are more down to earth and simple, more like me, yet they are just as elusive as they were when I was a young girl. I don't dream for much anymore...I want some land, and an old lovely farmhouse..out in an area surrounded by trees, with a gravel driveway..That's it..I think about it constantly. For I am landlocked in the city,the noise, and all the restrictions which come with it. Another issue of my maturity..to get away from all of the fast moving, loud nonsense, I have no tolerance of it anymore.

I call it "my other world" because I go there often during the day..to feed my chickens, sit on the front porch of my farmhouse all decorated for fall..and watch for deer.  Is it the age?  I don't want to go back and be 25 again, not in this era. I am content being, but need to "be" in a different place...Yet, how do I get there from here?  I don't want to go back and re do my youth...but enjoy my maturity now...

It's okay to dream at my age isn't it?


4 comments:

Deb said...

I think you ALWAYS have to dream, no matter what age...I also think that if there's any way you can change your circumstances, if it's the "right" thing to do, then try to do it. Is it possible? Is it practical? Can you do it financially, emotionally, spiritually? I love my little house but I absolutely hate where it is, so we're going to move to a different state (assuming we can sell our little house)! At 60 and 64, it's a bit of a challenge, but I figure if it's "right", the house will sell and we're outa here! What would we wait for?? It'll only get harder :) Good luck...

Faith said...

inspiring Deb...I like that you are going to live your dream. I think of the obstacles, like a job...heee hee...unemployment has reared it's ugly head for us, or is it a way for us ? Time will tell...please write any time and inspire away....

Mary said...

I don't know if it is age, age is only a number, but maybe it is maturity, knowing what one wants and needs to be content and finding it is not an awful lot. We don't live in the city, but it isn't what I call in the country either. I would love to live back on my mom and dad's property where I grew up. My brothers and I still own it, but the house is gone. I miss hearing the whippoorwills more than anything. I dream of living in a victorian home/cottage. Let's just keep dreaming.....

Doris Sturm said...

Nice post - very reflective. Life is one big change...more subtle ones with age (hopefully) because the whirl wind type of my youth would just do me in...I've slowed down a lot, but I like it and I feel that I am exactly where I am supposed to be. Hope some (if not all) your dreams will come true!

With Love!