Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, December 23, 2011

A treasure of Christmas past...

  
He has been around our family many a year, I grew up with this Santa, every year he was displayed in our home. He was given to us by my mom's brother, who and this is fuzzy...worked for American Greetings? He was I'm guessing used for displays and such. He is definately vintage and is somewhere around 70 or so, maybe older. I have a picture of my parents and sister with this Santa, my Dad young and handsome in his suit, and Mom young and pretty, my sister about 10, all dressed up for Christmas, maybe 51'. From the look of the toys in Santa's bag, maybe he is from the 40's....I don't know, and have no one to ask now. This is a vintage treasure, and now my children will have it for their families...is it now an heirloom....


it is a special memory of my past Christmas.... I'm somewhat comforted by this now, at one time it brought me joy of a different kind as a child..and now as an adult it brings me comfort of Christmas past, and loved ones who have moved on...but still are with me in my heart....




2 comments:

Heather - The Good Life said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Faith. Heather

BeWit'nWise said...

So very special he is! I am glad you have such a beautiful reminder of the sweet joys of Christmas. I hope you are very blessed this Christmas.

Cassandra ♥