Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Winter has arrived...

Internet Photo Credit
isn't this just a perfect amazing beauty.... 

Yesterday, we had the most beautiful, peaceful snowfall.  It was the Perfect Christmas Eve Snow that you might expect to see on the traditional cards or movies of the 1940"...Perfectly falling, maybe I should say sashaying snowflakes, there were in particular hurry and had no purposeful direction...Almost as if in slow motion the tumbled down one after another for a few hours...These were hugh flakes of fluffiness too...
some looked as if the were quarter size and bigger...
Of course my youngest de lightted in the snow, as we were outside, and I wish that I had had my camera to capture the beauty, the calming serene puffy giant crystalized water was beautiful.  Have you ever tried to capture a snowflake on you tongue?  It isn't an easy task, we tried for several minutes, I didn't catch a one, how amusing they randomly fall and you would think one would just land..NOPE...But I so enjoyed looking up and being kissed by the snowflakes...a simple pleasure enjoyed.  

2 comments:

glor said...

Capturing a snowflake, what a magical thing! There's just so much beauty to behold, isn't there? And your blog is one of them. Love the new name. The simple is really the most elegant in all nature's finery. Blessings to your day, always.

Michelle said...

I just found your blog from Dandelion House. I wish we had snow here. Last year at this time we had snow. This year we are in the low 60's. It's going to be a weird winter