Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's one of those cozy days...

It a cozy January day, here in NE Ohio, cloudy, damp and chilly ( not cold ) not yet, as we've come to expect this time of year round these parts. I did get a little organizing done, and moved the hook a wee bit, supper,  homework assistance with , and then time to snuggle down and move the hook some more..Can't complain about that, now can I.?
 Oh "they" are forcasting another blizzard, which will never appear as the last two forcasted ones...there is no doubt in my mind we won't get hit with the more than several inches of the white fluffy.
Working on simplification as life unfolds, another year as it reveals itself, obstacles and all. I'm learning every day. Gathering information to make decision making more clear, as the road unfolds itself before us here at the homestead. Today, I feel good about the decisions we are making, it is always good to move forward.
Picking my battles, and leaving the rest behind.
one more step toward simplification...

internet photo credit...
Enjoy your day...find pleasure in the simple

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Great advice! Keep what little bit of snow you have up there in Ohio! Bring on the summer heat!

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

We have had weeks of warm days. I am ready for a little winter before summer comes back. Simplify is a wonderful goal. I am always working on it and so much happier in my life now.

Michelle said...

It took me a while. But I have learned to pick my battles also. It makes life so much easier. Thank you so much on the information about the dish clothes.I am going to give them a try.

pattas said...

Hello Faith :))
Snow you say ?? brrrr The weather over here has been crazy.. Hot one day doona on the bed the next LOL
But.. It is still great for crochet or sewing, knitting maybe..:))
Hope your week has been a good one..

Faye Henry said...

We received a lot of snow last night, Faith..
Good advice, too..
God bless, dear..