Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, February 20, 2012

Stash Busting, and comfort food of a different kind...

I got quite a bit done on the vest over the w/e, since I was off 2 days. I hope it is right. I don't think I've ever made a vest, always wanted to though. It was a perfect thing to do this weekend, hours of endless crochet, I don't get to do that very often. Usually it's hop hop hop...I usually crochet in the evening when I am home, after the meals,cleanup and homework stuff. When we are all settled in....it is like comfort food.  This was a non counting pattern, just mindless crochet, sometime you need that, just move the hook and no counting. I'm beginning the armhole shaping.

I'm off for my morning cup of joe, and letting out Spanky for his morning constitutional. Here is a picture of the vest. I ordered it from Annies Attic, to download, easy peasy. I hope it fits my ( ahem) girlish figure, I'm not Twiggy you know. Remember her?

I'm just not a picture taker...really? I bet you hadn't noticed...LOL

Sage Green is the color...the picture no so good..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hours of endless crochet...sounds delightful! Your vest is coming along nicely. I just finished a baby girl hat with a flower for a gift and am now working on a ribbit blanket to donate (from latest Crochet Today mag).

~Marianne

Faith said...

Thanks for stopping by Maryanne....
when you going to get a blog so I can visit with you?

Kateri said...

That is a very pretty shade of green. And your hours of endless crochet sounds lovely. :)

pattas said...

Beautiful blue.. Lovely pattern too, will we see you wearing it :))??