Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pretty Glass Spice Jar...

Popped in the $ store,not looking for anything in particular, if fact it was my DH who was looking for something, I'll wait in the car I said, don't need anything. C'mon with me he said you may find something... and so I did.. found these lovely little spice jars which will perfect for the herbs I plan to grow and harvest from the garden this year. I have basil in the middle  one. We buy bulk herbs from Amish Country, and I keep them in the plastic container they come in..probably loosing some of the flavor, the plastic is not attractive, and probably not healthy. So these little lovelies fit the bill perfectly. In keeping with simpllyfing, I buy only what I will use. I always like apothecary jars, they look vintage, and keep things fresh, and who doesn't love clear glass for display? And they fit in my spice rack BONUS!!!!!!
they measure about 3" round, and 3" high.
I feel good about my purchase, something useful for my kitchen which I will use...
Simple....one step at a time....

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

And only a $1 ! How great is that? These would be great in the bathroom with cotton balls, bath salts, etc.

Laura said...

So cute! I love it when I find those perfect items in the dollar store!