Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

This cheers me...

Aunt Lovely Bee, and her pearls.... I'm feeling a little groggy or out of it today...no motivation...I started trying to find something to blog about, and my search led me to Mayberry. If I could pick a time to go back to..it would probably be then.. late 40's early 50's.. Aunt Bee is such a classic beauty, simple, elegant and ladylike.  I put some clothes on, took off the jammies...(not my first choice)...and put on some pearls...yes I did really....fixed up my hair...and I feel better...bread will be on the rise...and moving out of the funk whatever it is.  
Aunt Bee's Kitchen...
there is the little hutch which I simply must have.....I can picture my crochet potholders in there...
ahh....now I feel better...
Thanks Aunt Bee...I think that I will make Aunt Bee an honorary blog friend....

8 comments:

Laura said...

I love Aunt Bee too!

vikki said...

Just stopping by to say hi. I read your posts everyday..just don't leave a comment..Have a great week faith...Blessings

Mary said...

I would love to live in that era also. Women were ladies and men were gentleman, at least the majority of them. I was born in 1956 and I have faded memories of church ladies when I was little wearing their hats with nets, their gloves, hosiery with the seam down the back and of course high heels. I love seeing the pictures of their hairstyles and clothes from that time. Isn't Aunt Bee's table pretty. I have dishes like those. Great post!

glor said...

What a sweet post. I always thought I would love to live in Mayberry ... maybe we'll be neighbors, now that's a happy thought.

Faith said...

I oh so enjoyed all of your comments..we the ladies of Mayberry...are such a wonderful bunch.....and wouldn't it be fun living near (" Aint Bee")....

Sharon GARDNER said...

I also think I should have lived in that era. I love the simpler things back then. My friend has the them song as a ring tone on her cell phone and it's so nice to hear compared to some of the crazy tones I've heard.

Michelle said...

I loved Mayberry. The people still set on the porch. Waved to each other and took time to visit. Just enjoying their time together.

Beansieleigh said...

Ah, pearls.. (sigh).. LOVE them! I think I'll wear mine today too then, Ethel!! Got a full day ahead of me, so gotta run, but wishing you a great day, whatever you're doing! ((hugs)) ~Lucy