Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, March 31, 2012

It is the week of Easter...and Traditions

Hello neighbors...
A short post to keep in touch, to say hi, and share...



Easter is almost upon us, and this week will find me near the oven baking Paska Bread which is a tradition in my husband's family. I don't recall my mother having bread at the Easter table. but I do make the macaroni salad that she made at Easter.. It is important for me to pass these down to my children.
And so this week, the homestead will be filled with the lovely aroma of the Paska ( Pascha ) bread.


Pascha Bread
The Easter Bread- a sweet yeast bread rich in eggs, butter, etc. Symbolic of Christ himself who is our true bread. Usually a round loaft baked with a golden crust and decorated with a symbol of Christ. Sometimes a a cross made out of dough is placed on top.

( I also add golden raisons )

Embrace your traditions and teach them to your children.

The Bread is placed in a basket, and covered with a beautiful embroidered cloth made by my
MIL, taken to Church and blessed, along with the other food to be prepared, on Holy Saturday.

3 comments:

Faye Henry said...

Lovely traditions.. The bread sounds awesome..
Blessings dear friend..

Michelle said...

Could you post the recipe. I would love to make this bread.

glor said...

What a wonderful thing to pass on to your children. I have never done this but I think I am going to look into this. What a treasure with the cloth covering and all. Added blessings for sure. Happy Palm Sunday to you.