Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, March 9, 2012

The past few years I started alot of my garden from seed. I start them out in the covered tray in January,
sometimes they sprouted very soon, and some seeds take longer. If I was able to keep them alive until planting time for my zone end of May, they would be leggy, and the transplant didn't go well. 
I'm learning..it's all a process.
This year, I've started nothing...yet.. I've passed on the tray covered incubator the seedlings, and this
year they are going in egg shells..I have them already prepared, and I suppose I should be thinking about planting some seeds in them.  I really don't know when is a good time to plant seeds..I figure I have 2 months, and they shouldn't be all that big by them, or should they be?  I am going to plant tomatoe, and basil, cilantro, dill. the garlic is in the ground since the fall, we'll see what happens with that.  I have a sweet potatoe in dirt, waiting for sprouts,zinnias beautiful and old fashioned no? Love them.
I hope the Lavender comes back from last year, oh and Lemon Verbena, I am so excited about learning about this one...rhubard is intriguing...

Loving the possibilities

4 comments:

glor said...

Good afternoon!!!! Slowly getting back. Your garden to be this year sounds so wonderful. Planting in egg shells, what a great idea. Cilantro ... one of my favorites, keep telling myself one of these days/years. Would love a herb garden, nothing better then the fresh! Have a wonderful, blessed day and weekend.

Faith said...

Thank you for stopping by Gloria...
it is nice to get comments.

Sandy said...

Right you are, they shouldn't be that big when you put them out, remember to harden them off by having them out a little at a time before you put them in the ground. My Dad...such a gardener always does that.

Beansieleigh said...

Oh Ethel, I'm having such a time with two herbal plants I JUST GOT! I worried how soon I would kill them, when we brought them home. One is basil, and one is cilantro. So far the cilantro is hanging in there at least a little better than the pathetic looking basil plant. I'm so discouraged, and wish I knew what I'm doing wrong with them.. THEN my little monster of a cat was mad that he didn't have food in his dish, because he's FAT!.. and the vet thinks he should DIET!.. so he starts roaming nervously around the house looking for whatever food or TROUBLE he can find, and then he knocks my already sorry looking basil right down to the floor, all spilled and broken up everywhere, the whole thing.. He was hiding after THAT, but I don't know WHAT I'm gonna do to save it now... Oh well, have you at least smelled the bread from my way? If you've got the coffee on, I brought some with me! (0; Lucy