Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, April 20, 2012

I'm learning alot this week...

Last week on 1st day of work at the new job in the Nature Center, I tagged along with one of  our naturalist, we went on a wee bit of a hike with a small group in the woods looking for wildflowers...and then brunch was cooked on an open fire..I couldn't get over the fact that I was being paid for this. So anyway, we spotted many a wild flower in the woodlands, and I learned a few of them.  Usually, you cannot remove any plants from the park, but there is one that they want you to take because it is invasive. In fact, they have programs to have groups come in and pull them and remove them from the park.
you can read all about this in detail

Garlic Mustard

The naturalist told us that this is an edible plant,  and we all tried a tis taste, I could recognize the flavor of garlic. She said it makes very good pesto. Hmmm...:)

These actually have to be pulled up roots and all because that is how they spread.  For brunch, over the open fire, corned beef,onion,hash browns and (cheese (added last), and in the other pot scrambled eggs, combined the two and it was a hearty brunch after a hike in the woods..somebody pinch me to see if I'm dreaming..really.....this was part of my 1st day at my new job...

2 comments:

glor said...

You must be teasing, this can't be a job!!!! How magnificent is this, certainly a blessing. This is wonderful and can't wait to to hear more. Have a wonderful, blessed day and weekend.

Doris Sturm said...

Congratulations on your new, wonderful job! I would LOVE to work there too since I'm a big nature lover and lover of good food ;-) I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. There's no rule that says you can't like your job and accept money for it LOL Glad to hear it and glad to be back in blogland. Have a wonderful day and an even better weekend!