Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, April 14, 2012

I've been introduced to something new...adding to the que hey Stitchy?

Coining a phrase from a neighbor blogger friend...
" adding it to the que"
That's for you Stitchy....:)
http://stitchymcfloss.blogspot.com/


I've heard of this, but not until recently have I been exposed to the lovliness that is Crewel Work..My
sweet MIL has a beautiful Crewel Work tablecloth, and she had it out for Easter. Bless her heart she is 80 years old, and still dislplays each holiday.  She has what I call a treasure trove of craft items, I believe she has done every kind of hand craft in her 80 years. We were talking about the tablecloth, and she went down to the basement, and brought up a crewel project she had started in 1973 and never completed..see it happens to everybody..  The Que, WIP, whatever you want to name it.....I'm going to give this a whirl...it will take me some time since I've never done this before. I like the look of the Crewel, it is with yarn of course I would.



1 comment:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Awesome!

I can't wait to watch your journey on this one. It's going to be so much fun.

What a true labor of love to have her work and your work on one piece. It will be something very special to hand down thru the generations.

Blessings always :)