Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Today is Paska Day & moving the hook

Sweet Sister Faith is in the kitchen today, 
because I work the next 3 days, I'm going to prepare the Paska Easter Bread today.
Finishing up some coffee and then off to the kitchen..
This will be the last Easter I will ever work...my new job is closed on Easter as it should be, they recognize Easter as a holiday, how about that?   I understand that you can't close a hospital, but they don't recognize Easter as a holiday, Labor day yes??????  Oh well 4 more days and I am done with that business, and
am moving on and simplifying... Thank the Lord....
How are all of you doing in your preparation for Easter? It would seem that everything I make is something which must be made at the very last minute, except the Paska. So each day from now until Saturday will find me or one of my deligated children and DH in the kitchen finishing up what I am not home to do.
They are pretty good about this, so it works out well for the schedule I am on.
When I got all done today, my kitchen looked like Lucy & Ethyl had been there trying to make the Paska,
I had to laugh, I really did make a mess...

I've been wanting to make a purse for a while..I made a fat bottom bag a few years ago, I was looking around and found a pattern for this little gem


and the link for the pattern is Here
It looks relatively easy, famous last words....

No comments: