Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, April 12, 2012

WIP crochet purse

Good Day Neighbor.....
I few posts back, I mementioned that I wanted to crochet a purse.  I did find a pattern that I liked, but for one reason or another, I am unable to get the pattern going. So, always keeping it simple, moving on, and found another pattern for a lovely purse, and I've learned something new to boot.
Have you ever heard of a FSC stitch?  ( Foundation Crochet Stich ) Some of you advanced movers of the hook probably have, I'm pretty vanilla with my stitches, so I had to watch a few tutorials on this one. I believe I have the hang of it.  
The pattern that I found for this purse can be located http://www.futuregirl.com/craft_blog/index.aspx
 Starling Handbag
cute bag no?

4 comments:

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

Goodmorning! Lovely purse - I have crocheting on my list of things I want to do - love this purse and am not familiar with that stitch - I'll check it out!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend,
Kathy

Faith said...

It is cute isn't it? I had never heard of this stitch before either. There is a very good tutorial for this item on the blog
highlighted in the post Kathy.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

What an adorable purse! I can't wait to see your finish.

Thanks for the link....did you see the hexagon tote? I love hexies! Guess I'll have to add this one to the que!

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Blessings always

Faith said...

I did see the hexy, I'm rather fond of that look in any form..it is the joining which is not my cup of tea...but what a stunning look...