Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Natural beauty with a history

Mill Creek Falls - Garfield Park Reservation.

This beautiful falls is part of my reservation where I work,  not directly located on the property near me, but a short walk or even drive will get you there. This is the tallest waterfall in our county 45'.  It was acquired by Cleveland Metroparks in 2002...there were many like myself which did not know it even existed. There is a walking path, with signs telling about the wildlife, and the history of the area. I've never walked it 'YET",
but intend to take the boys and go for a picnic..sounds nice doesn't it.
I hope to take some lovely pictures to share with you about this beautiful area, which is located smack dab in the middle of suburban/industrialized area. Affectionately called the Emerald Necklace because the number of acres and natural resources which surround the counties of NE Ohio...

 http://www.clemetparks.com/visit/index.asp

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I have a friend who lives in Cleveland (Gates Mills), there's a park, large one near her and she walks it all the time; but I'll have to ask her if she knows of this one. Cleveland has a wonderful parks system.

Making rounds today from my newest blog, Flat Stanley and Friends. Wanted to invite you over for a look see. And since you're a Mom etc, thought you might be able to share stories or pictures of a Flat Stanley adventure.

He needs some help getting started, with visitors, comments, followers, and sharing stories.

Faith said...

thanks for stopping over Sandy...I'll pop on over to view the link you sent, and then stop over your place. I know where Gates Mills is, it is east of where I live maybe 45 min.

Sandy said...

Small world isn't it. Thanks for swinging by, and following, much appreciate it.