Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Why don't my sugar cookies ever turn out?

The burning question of the day...I cannot find a really good sugar cookie recipe, and would love to find a vintage one, like I did with the cheesecake from 1940.  But why do my cookes flatten out and look like potatoe chips...? I made some today, and I even put some lemon verbena in them, the batter tasted fine and they flattened out and look like pancakes....

HELP!!!!!!

3 comments:

DaCraftyLady Debb said...

hmmm maybe too much butter? I have had that problem in the past and changed the oil additive to mayo and that did the trick...~~Debb
crochetoholic.blogspot.com

Tamatha said...

Adding a little Crisco helps too. I also roll mine out a little thicker. It makes them soft and light with the addition of lemon flavoring.

Faith said...

Thank you all for responding with your ideas, I'll be sure to try these....:)