Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, June 21, 2012

The garden...

We simply must get a new camera soon...my wee garden, the 4 heirlooms I bought are doing well, they look strong and healthy and have begun to get flowers, and they love this heat...I have 2  wee strawberry plants which have berries on them...hope I get to it before the squirrel.  Basil is coming up, and the cilantro too, the lettuce seeds I planted are coming along, and we may be harvesting fresh greens isn't that wonderful?   It is such a satisfying feeling growing your own...and last week I bought corn, already growing and planted on the the south side of the house which gets all day sun...tickled me pink me, planting corn....what a  hoot...
The Zinnias are coming along, should be getting some buds soon, the blackeyed, and the mums are getting buds too...we'll be awash in color soon.... 
trying to keep perspective, I usually will post this picture at some point during the summer, not usually this early though..He is a precious little snowman no?

2 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

You've planted so many wonderful things...I am wishing you a long gentle rain, and cooler temps, too.

Ok, do you mind if I borrow your snowman for a while? It's in the mid-90's here today and I am getting rather hot! :)

Blessings to you always

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I grow corn every year and then I use the stalks in my fall decorating. Unfortunately this year my corn is about 2 feet tall! I really don't have a clue as to why.