Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Potpourri anyone?

I'd love to have a special place such as this to sit my weary bones, and move my hook..

Things are in full swing in my wee garden, my vintage rose has since lost it's petals, I've collected them all, and now what do I do?  I ordered some Orris Root Powder from http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/, because I read that is what you use in potpourri. My Lavender is staying alive, but is small, no flowers, it is doubtful I will have much to harvest, but am keeping hopeful.  I have Lemon Verbena too which is growing tall, and my lovely scented Geranium..So I have a basis for potpourri, for those of you in
the know, when do you harvest for your potpourri?

On tap for today...wee garden has been watered, did some transplanting yesterday of Black Eyed Susans, picked up a couple of more Dusty Millers, I think I am done for this year...sit back and
watch nature unfold.  Bread is to be made today...after I finish my cuppa. It is a cool pleasant mornin, likely to change back in the heat tomarrow they say...

Enjoy your day whatever is in your hopper....




3 comments:

Sandy said...

For some reason your page isn't fully loading today. I couldn't see where to leave you a comment, so knowing your page I just started clicking the mouse all around the area, until finally I hit it and this comment window opened up. Hope this works. No help with your project. I've never made Pop.

Charlotte said...

I've never tried making potpourri from my garden, but sounds like fun. My Easter lily is finally blooming. I posted some pics on my blog. Stay cool!

Beansieleigh said...

Oh boy, another heatwave? I guess any baking I want to get done better get done TODAY, huh? I baked a couple of things yesterday, but I'd like to do either some bread or muffins today, so I'll see if I can fit it into the schedule... Congrats on the new camera! Have fun with it, and I can't wait to see future photos!... Enjoy your day! ~lucy