Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

At the homestead today....

I've done my time doing the work thing, and now have a few days off... :) They are calling for rain today,
a 50%, the sun is bright and temperature already at 80 at 8:00 am.  I've missed being in my little place moving about smartly. I have not baked any bread in quite a while, and so I think today I will do that, I find that doing the things I enjoy so much, the simple joys that it grounds me and makes me feel more even keel, I am a homebody and would rather be here then anywhere else. So on the agenda some fresh bread, a little cleaning up, and some moving of the hook. I'd like to make some pesto, but I don't think the basil is right for the pickin yet in our wee garden, a good dollop of fresh rain would not doubt help..

I will be enjoying the day moving about the homestead....

I fashioned this up last fall, it reminds me of the blue granite coffee pot.

Expanded crochet potholder pattern, for my dishsoap,
love these little potholders..

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Behind in my blog visiting and writing, inching my way back. I want to be with you when you make pesto. It's something I've always wanted to do and never have. We're in for a day of gloom looks like so far. Hoping to have yarn time later.