Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A little downtime, never hurt anyone.

Been on the run it seems, and I'm tuckered out. I've added another day to my work schedule, I was asked if I wanted to help out in another area, being that we could use the money I said yes. Once October hits my husband is done with his seasonal employment and back on unemployment. But I miss being away from home, it seems like I'm gone alot and when I come home I'm tired, dinner and getting ready for bed which now comes early for me, unlike before on my other job when I worked until midnight. I'm up fairly early now about 6 am like clockwork. I'm still easing into the new routine I guess. On tap for today, I'd like to get the bread & butter pickles done while the cukes are fresh. Another hot one today, and then we should get some relief on Wednesday and cooler temps, in the 80's... 
This is the thread angel I refered to in yesterday's posting..she's all apart now due to moisture. I have begun and completed the bottom, dress part, and now I need to make the wings. 

3 comments:

Mary said...

Nope, a little down time doesn't hurt. It takes time to adjust to a new schedule and going from working evenings to days is a huge change. Just going back to work part-time has been an adjustment for me.
That angel is stunning, so delicate and lacy. Hope you feel refreshed and energized today.

vikki said...

Hi Faith..I have that angel pattern..what did you use to stiffen it with? I have yet to make one only because I don't know how I would store it without it getting all smashed up..maybe I will just have to give it a try. Yours turned out beautifully. Blessings

glor said...

How beautiful the angel is. You do such beautiful work! Downtime is a wonderful thing, I think that's something we have so little of anymore. Remember years ago, family time and down time was there. We need to get back to that. I keep hoping that as I get older there will be more down time, seems like I'm running more then ever. Oh well ... the hook and yarn provide many hours of relaxation and enjoyment. Have a lovely evening Sweet Faith, blessings.