Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

To ponder I suppose...

  

Do you think it is possible to have to much sunshine?  I suppose some of you say NO!  And while I'm not saying I would like to be knee deep in snow and blustery, it would be let's say refreshing to mayhap have a day where there are some rain clouds, and possible an all day soaker.....I am tired of the sunshine...
there I said it.  I long for a baking day, a cuddle up and craft day, perhaps a soup day....
Day after day of heat and sunshine, I'm getting bored with the entire notion of it. Is it too early to ponder on the beauty that is the fall season?  It seems every year to come and go so quickly....I do hope that we will have a lovely fall season. Well today, I think I will do a rain dance or something to break the nasty spell of the heat and sunshine, the dry parched earth, the birds and wildlife could use it, and so do we. 
I'm calling for a Morticia Addams kind of day....
anybody else out there care to join in?    

3 comments:

Mary said...

Dear friend, my thoughts exactly. I am longing for an overcast day. The heat and glaring sun have almost burned up all the green and it has burned out this girl. Like you, I am not wishing for winter but a break from the heat and sun would be so welcome. Shall we wish for overcast skies and gentle falling rain for a few days to replenish not only outdoors but our inner selves also?

glor said...

I hear ya! I was just thinking and saying yesterday that the Fall is my favorite time of year. I really like the cooler weather, so I'll join you in your day. Maybe a nice summer rain day. See you there.

pattas said...

Well I would like summer again.. finished with a colder winter than most.. getting a little older, the warm sun is a little kinder to me :))

But then the weather has been mad.. Nothing like I remember.. We need winter to be winter,, rain, rain and more rain.. and happy lazy summer days ...:)) There I said it :) Enjoy the day Faith..