Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Crochet placemat/doily..

I crocheted all the day long, working and re working this doily...er ahh placemat.  I'm thinking this would be best worked in cotton of some kind to make it more stiff.  I changed it up to make it my own...and I like it for a doily piece. If I were to make  placemats, definately use cotton, or maybe a size 3 crochet thread. The camera doesn't capture the ovalness of the piece, but it is oval not round..

  This was done with regualar yarn and a size I hook....it ended up not Chrismassy...( is that a word )....
but  I like it well enough....now I'm going to rest the hand and the hook for a few days....

 The milk glass, another lovely handme down from my MIL....
I'm linking this with

http://deborahjeansdandelionhouse.blogspot.com/2012/08/farmgirl-friday-blog-hop-70.html
DeborahbJeans Damdelion house Farmgirl Friday blog hop # 70

6 comments:

glor said...

Faith, it came out beautiful. It wonderfully shows off the milk glass as well. Where is the pattern from? I'd like to try one in the cotton. Have a wonderful day, blessings.

Mary said...

That is pretty and the milk glass bowl looks perfect with it.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Lovely! I am glad you said it needed cotton, because I was thinking about making these and would have used normal yarn. Thanks for letting me know. :)

I love the milk glass, it reminds me of a lamp that my Gram use to have in her house. Very lovely.

Blessings always my dear friend. :)

Susanne said...

I like it and also think cotton for a place mat made of the same pattern, maybe some matching napkin rings??? Did I read where you got that pattern? I have completely fried my brain with all these blogs I have been reading, lol
Susanne :)

Beansieleigh said...

Oh Ethel, it's SO-ooo GOOD to hear from you, and to stop over your way for a quick cuppa before I head to church this Sunday morning! LOVE the beautiful placemat you made, and would love to try it myself sometime! Of course, I liked the hobnail milk glass bowl too!.. I collect milkglass, you may remember, whenever I can, if it's a fair price... Love your little salt and pepper shakers too.. So CUTE! Hope you and yours are enjoying a wonderful weekend! I'm definitely looking forward to more time baking as the weather seems to be gradually cooling back down. You too?.. Well, talk to you again soon! ((hugs)) ~lucy

DaCraftyLady said...

Almost looks like the one I made... :)~~ Debb