Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Finished WIP the granny ripple & used up some stash..

On to the next.....Pretty Petals, hotpad or doily like Stichy is doing? Hmmm....I'll have to check my yarn
stash.  I repeated the Angel m the sugar water, and then I'll sponge on the Mod Podge Matte.  I still need to crochet some arms...oh bother, I should have done that before I stiffened her, I was looking at it yesterday and noticed I forgot her arms...OOOOPS, so I have those, and the preety petals...I started it out already as a potholder...didn't get that far that I cannot change it...I am thinking doily though....I have almost 2 balls of
#10 thread in warm rose....it's on...I'm making a pretty petals doily....

What's on your hook?

4 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I love your granny ripple...it looks so cozy!

I am so glad we are doing the CAL. I sent you an e-mail.

I am headed now to the stitchy chair to start my doily.

Blessings always :)

Mary said...

A doily sounds beautiful and of course you know I love doilies! Your afghan is really pretty. I like the color combinations. I will have to pop over to Stitchy's and see her doily. It is H-O-T here again. I was thinking yesterday that I am ready to get back to my crocheting. I have been doing embroidery with Chloe along with my own. Looking forward to seeing your angel. They are so beautiful!

Susanne said...

That sounds just like me, jumping ahead of myself with a pattern. I hope your angel turns out okay. Can't wait to see it. My mil made several small ones years ago especially for the Christmas tree. I shared with my daughters. They are so pretty.
It has been another hot day here. I am so ready for fall.
Susanne :)

Susanne said...

I do think the heat has rattled my brain, I sent you 2 comments thinking that the first one did not go through.
Susanne :)