Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, August 3, 2012

Movin my hook , it's a busy hook this week..

Last night I began working on the sleeves for the thread Angel, and to my surprise they didn't have to be affixed before stiffening,  so I did a little of that, and worked on the Pretty Petals Doily/Potholder too....Has anyone ever used Mod Podge?  I've never used it before, and I'm wondering if it will also stiffen up the thread of the Angel. I feel it could be a little bit more stiff. I may go ahead today and try the wings with the Mod Podge and see what happens. I'd really like to make one of these that actually retain their shape.
This day some bread dough is in the rising...having a cuppa...
Moving more of the hook today, and keeping it simple sometimes it is just what you need to do...I have a habit of always having something going on around the house..As I get older I hate to waste time.
It will be another hot one here and not a rain drop in sight....
It's funny sometimes how things happen in blogland..just about the same time I posted the pretty pink Zinnia, and thought about making the pretty petals potholder, what do you know, I get a message from
Stichy McFloss @http://stitchymcfloss.blogspot.com/ that she was thinking of doing the same pattern, she suggested a CAL, why of course why now?  Gloria @ http://glor-crochetgalore.blogspot.com/ liked the pattern and she is in, and Vikki @http://byhooks4u.blogspot.com/ too....lets all make a bouquet of these
beauties...add your pretty petal to the bouquet of color....be sure to stop over and visit and see what lovlies these gals are making...
Happy Weekend to you all

4 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I haven't used the mod podge before, but it sounds like a good idea to me. :)

I can't wait to see your Angel. I love Angels...I think the thread ones are beautiful. :)

Yay...on the CAL. My hook is moving right along.

Blessings always my dear friend. :)

Teri said...

Hi Faith...as always...I enjoy hearing about your day. You have such pretty handwork! It is hot here in Kansas. It is overcast this afternoon with showers in our forecast. Hope that you have a lovely weekend!

Susanne said...

Can't wait to see your angel when it is done. I'm sure it was a relief to find out that it doesn't matter that you starched the body and then made the arms. That sounds like something I would do, lol. I would like to make the petal potholder and maybe I will after I get this baby blanket bug out of my system. I have too many projects started, and that is great, the problem is sticking to them long enough to finish them and not start a new project. I'm famous for that, lol
Susanne :)

Mary said...

Faith, I couldn't find the pretty petals potholder. Can you point me in the right direction? I am going back to work full time beginning Monday so not sure how much time I will have to do a CAL but I would love to see the pattern first. Is it a complicated one?