Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, September 13, 2012

A poutpourri thoughts & questions for this day....

Mornin!

I've made very little progress with the hook this week, I don't know if it is just that I've not had enough down time, to many distractions, or just being tired.  The boys are doing math which I never took in school way back in the day....Geometry! Really?  Does anyone use it, other than architechts or engineers?  Neither of which my son will be doing for sure...The little one estimating multiples...what?  Good thing the book comes home...Homework....I have issues with it....best left for a different forum or venue, and not my beloved little blog....but suffice to say...too much of it.
As I said before I got onto my little rant about HW,  hook is moving slowly...I finished the rose and began the leaves, and then realized I had misread the directions for those, so they came came out and I redid them. I am beginning, or have tried to begin the doily 2 nights in a row with no apparent success.  I  don't know for sure but I think that I either found some errors in the pattern, or I am just plain tired.  I hope to get that first row of the doily out of the way today....we'll see...

I like the sound of the water here at work,  there were times when this wasn't flowing at all during the summer months, the few times it rained good  and hard, you could the rush of the water...tomarrow we are going on a trip to visit a historic farm/village for my son's home schooling.. It is local and we've never been there before, so I hope to have some pictures to share....I'm looking forward to going....
I'm thinking.....that today I may make some cake balls, anybody ever made them with homemade frosting?

Well, I sat down in the quietness that I have right now..to move the hook...Vintage patterns are tricky, and I need to do what it says literally, and then I noticed that it refrerenced TC, what ?  Looking back to the last row I did not tc as I should have...so now....frogging the leaves for the 3rd time...it's coming along and I feel better that it was me and not the pattern, as I suspected.....

3 comments:

Heather - The Good Life said...

I've never tried the cake balls, but have seen the recipe posted on other sites. Enjoy your field trip, sounds like fun. Take care, Heather

Charlotte Huffman said...

Good luck with the kids homework! I didn't take geometry when I was in school either. Vintage patterns are tricky. The Rose Potholder has errors in it also.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Hang in there with the pattern my dear friend, you'll get it....you are just tired and need a rest.

Maybe you can run away to a quiet spot in the garden for an hour or so, enjoy the roses and listen to the birds and crochet the afternoon away. :)

Blessings always