Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Garden days coming up....


I'm hoping that next week will be the week I'll be out & about in the garden, putting away and preparing for the fall crop..I'm trying garlic again. Last year I used store bought cloves, and they came out very timy and dried up before I had the chance to use them. The year before I ordered some specifically for planting and they worked much better. This year, I want to use the garlic that I bought from a local farmers market, they are nice large cloves, but first the dirty work...

I need to add on to the square foot base with another set of boards, making the soil deeper and setting it off the ground a wee bit more, it will keep some critters out, but more importantly will be easier for me for planting and harvesting.  I'm hoping the cool weather prevails.  I have a scented geranium which smells lovely, I have cut it back once and it grew ridiculously again as we speak is 1' tall. I have brought it inside and it is doing fine. Do any of you have a scented geranium? Do you let yours get long & leggy?  Do you cut back the fragrant leaves for winter?


A little something I made last year..Crinoline Ladies are so lovely arn't they..?

6 comments:

Kateri said...

You will have three more varieties of garlic to try--you are the winner of my annual garlic giveaway! :) shoot me an e-mail with your address, and I should get your garlic out to you in the middle of next week. katerifahey@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deborah said...

I love the doll. Did you create it or did you use a pattern? Would love to make one. Love reading your post. Your so creative and talented. Thank you for sharing.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Hope you get the chance to get out into your garden soon. I know how relaxing that can be.

Love your Crinoline Lady. I think they are charming, too.

Wishing you a lovely day my friend.

Susanne said...

I am a wet blanket. There has been no time for much of anything these past 2 weeks. Between running to the dialysis center and hubby being in the hospital 6 days I did manage to clean my oven. I never thought I would find pure joy in just staying home and doing some household chores that have been neglected. I have never planted garlic but we love it. I understand it is relatively easy to grow and for all the years we have planted a garden I do not for the life of me know why we haven't tried growing our own.
(((HUGS))) Susanne :)

janice15 said...

I do have some geraniums...I sometimes cut them back depending on how much they've grown...I love your lady she is so sweet..Happy Thursday afternoon..with love Janice