Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, September 1, 2012

I found something I would like to make...Thank you Janice

but cannot find a pattern....I was inspired over at , http://spoonwither.blogspot.com/2012/08/green-fried-tomatoes-and-blue.html this is a lovely doily...it looks vintage...and am so inspired by it...and if you have not stopped by Janice's place do so immediately...she does lovely work....she is self taught, and crochet's by eye...talented..you  won't be disapointed...there is plenty of thread beauties to inspire...really stop over there...say hi to Janice...

phote courtesy of Janice
I would love to make this potholder ( R) anybody have any idea where this
pattern could be found? It's vintage & a stunner....
I thought it might be Anne Cabot Irish Rose, on  Ravelry, unable to download that pattern,
but the flower looks different...can you help a fellow hook mover out? Surely there must be someone out there lover of thead with a pattern?

I deleted the picture of the second one, it is created by Anne Cabot and it is a lovely potholder.  I find it interesting that the person who made the 2nd one I was looking for, chastized me for posting the picuture without her permission, but made no offer to help with the pattern. Really?  So it has been deleted. I will not give free publicity to someone who will not play nice in the sandbox.

6 comments:

vikki said...

HI Faith!! I think I have both of these patterns..I believe they are Maggie Weldon's patterns..check out her site and I think you will find them there..hope that helps. You might also try bellacrochet she has some potholders that are similar www.bellacrochet.com

Susanne said...

Faith, I don't think I have ever seen any of those patterns before. They are lovely, the colors are just right too. If I come across them somewhere I will get back to you.
Have a great weekend.
(((HUGS))) Susanne :)

glor said...

Wow, these are beautiful Faith. I will be on the lookout for these. Hope I can find for you. Blessings, sister.

Mary said...

Faith, both of those potholders are just stunning, I love them. Those flower petals on the one on the right are so full and tight. The vintage patterns are like that. Good Luck finding them. vikki has me on the trail with you. She is wonderful with helping isn't she?
Raining lots here today but we need it. My grass has seemed to turn green overnight. Amazing what rain can do. Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday! Hugs!

Faith said...

Thank you girlfriends...they are lovely arn't they? I've signed up at Ravelry and have been hunting over there..good luck in your searches.

janice15 said...

Helo, good afternoon sweetness, thank you so much for linking me I appreciate that...I hope you are doing good...watch for my next post...Have a lovely afternoon...with love Janice...