Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, September 6, 2012

My hook is moving...how nice is that?

I've missed movin the 'ol hook these last few days, and when I found the tutorial for the doily clock assembly, I decided to remake the doily clock I did a year or so back. It is the same pattern,
1956 Gift Doily or it is also called Two Tone Doily..mine will have only one tone, and I have not yet decided what material I will use for the backing. The material in this picture is one of my favorites..I'll mix n match as I go along, we see how it "evolves " for each pattern does have it's own personality and charm...
 

4 comments:

Susanne said...

My hook has been moving too, for about 4 hours on Wednesday evening while watching a bit of tv. It is the best therapy to forget one's troubles don't ya think? Your doily for the clock looks good. Can't wait to see it finished.
(((HUGS))) Susanne

LindaCrochets said...

If my hook doesn't move some EVERY day I go into withdrawals! AND hubby starts looking for it for me!!!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Yeah, if I stay away from my hook too long I start to twitch...it's not pretty. But your doily (clock face) is pretty. I can't wait to see it all together.

Blessings always my dear friend.

glor said...

Looking good! Blessings Sister.