Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Crochet Crinoline Lady Preview

I'm not quite there yet...but the crochet portion is completed. A few loose ends to tidy up. And then...maybe what I have envisioned will work. Do you like the background material?  Rather vintage looking/Victorian don't you think?
oops...I forgot the arms...working on those...you are not seeing things..
I did start out with all cream/white...I changed it up and thought the green would stand out better against the material...






Here is where you can obtain the pattern.

http://crochetmemories.com/

Blog hoppin....come join me....

8 comments:

The Merry Stitcher said...

The green does make it stand out. Nice work and I love the hat :)

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I think she's beautiful! I can't wait to see her in all her glory. :)

Wishing you a day filled with many blessings dear friend. :)

LindaCrochets said...

She's "looking good"! I have acquired several patterns of the lady over the years, but never made one up!

Faith said...

thank you all for your comments...I love when you stop over...& I'll be over to visit with you soon...:)

janice15 said...

She is just lovely. I wish that I could read patterns. Such a wonderful job you do as well my do. with love Janice

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Very pretty! Hello dear Faith - I saw you on one of my older comments and knew it had been some time since I've visited. Been very busy with the food blog & the grandbabies. I have THREE now, can you believe it. We just got home from spending the day with them - whew! I am not as young as I used to be for sure. Looks like you have been busy. Beautiful work, as always!!

Shelia said...

Hi Faith! Oh, I just love this and you've done a great crocheting job. I think the green is a nice color with your print. I crochet too and just make have to make a southern belle too.
Thank you so much for popping in to see me and your kinds words. I hope you'll come back to visit me sometimes.
You are a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Faith said...

Thank you all for stopping by...I love when you take the time to stop over and leave your calling card....:)