Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Tipperary Ireland, dreams. and ramblings of my heart this day.

I've found that as I am getting more " seasoned " ahem  the way that I look at things I would like to do  has been over time revised, and my dreams and desires of my heart are taken in directions which are more substantial than whimsical.

 I suppose it is because as the sand of the hours glass pass through, it is important for me, at least to do meaningful, and substantial things, I feel as though time is at a premium, and my time is important, more now then ever...

 Gone are the flittering thoughts of my youth, "I have the rest of my life" for this or that...live for right now, instant gratification. I don't have alot of things I would like to do, but what what I do have are large, for lack of a better word.  Will I ever do them? Who knows...for they are dreams and sometimes they do come true..

They are simple, but yet complex, relying on various variables  and circumstances, none of which are on the radar at this time..

1.  Ireland...I want to go there.  Tipperary in particular, where my ancestors are from on my fathers side. This would be a rather large undertaking and I would say quite substantial..

 The thing I really like about blogging is the connection to anyone around the world in an instant...I've visited Tipperary many times surfin the web. Remember pen pals?  I'd love to have a blogging pal from Ireland..so if your out there, or if you know of someone...and if they crochet....:)

2. Sanibel Island..Florida closer to home to be sure, but about a 14 hour drive...maybe isn't closer...but it is in the US....Seashell capitol of the world they say...wandering along searching for shells, trinkets and treasures on beach....

3. Have a wee bit of land, and farmhouse with a barn..

I don't desire the latest fashions, telephone, fad type things...Never been like that, and probably at this age it is safe to say I never will..I'm glad about that.

That's it, just those 3 things....but they are BIG things... I may just have to settle for sitting in the sand box, in my back yard, crocheting Irish Roses...but if that's how the cookie crumbles...I guess that I will be thankful I was able to that....

                 " What will be will be "  Que sera sera, as Doris Day sang out...remember her?  Pretty wasn't she?

2 comments:

Charlotte Huffman said...

Hope your dreams come true!

Co Tipperary said...

Most of the people wants to true their dreams especially people want to visit to see the beauty of the world....in Tipperary (Ireland) people's dream will definitely true.
Co Tipperary