Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, December 3, 2012

~ Grandmother's Treasure ~ Sharing what we love Monday




" We are shaped by what we Love "

We had so many lovely comments on this past Monday's Post Sharing what you love.. and in each one you told me about your lovely treasures, that  have that belonged to your Grandmother, and how special they are to you.. I thought it might be fun for us to have a day of sharing what you love from Grandmother,  so we can all see, what we're all taking about.. If you have a favorite item which you may have gotten from someone other than your Grandmother, feel free to join in to. It is about sharing the lovely, the vintage, the memory.






These are yellow with age, but so delicate and the linen is thread bare...I'm hesitant to do anything with it at this point.  Maybe a gentle soak ?  It makes me a little nervouse though... So I hope you
enjoy my Grandmother's Vintage Hanky....and I look forward to seeing what your Vintage item is, that you've received from a loved one... 






7 comments:

Vikki Hooks said...

Hi Faith..what a wonderful Idea..however..there are 2 posts from me as I messed up and don't know how to get rid of the first one..sorry...anyway..I am linked I think...Blessings

Mary said...

What a precious treasure. Ladies handkerchiefs are a favorite for me.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

So beautiful and I love the idea of sharing your most loved memories! I have my grandmothers dishes.........Virginia Rose by Homer Laughlin.......only a few pieces.........but I love them! I have the memory of my Grandmother's smile as well.

Faith said...

Thank you all for commenting and telling your stories, about your treasures of Grandmother. Some of you are so blessed as to have even known your Grandmother..an added blessing and treasure for the heart.

sandy said...

Hanky's...wow, I haven't thought about those in ages. Do they even make ladies hanky's now? My Grandmother always had pink flowered ones, some were printed but some were embroidered as I recall. We stopped using hanky's when I was in grade school, I think? Doctor said klenex was more sanitary when kids were sick. The details on yours are sooooooo pretty. I have my Great Grandmothers Afghan, haven't figured out how to repair it or exactly what to do with it. Don't want to make it worse, but hate that's it's tucked away too. I have my Grandmother's sewing machine (old singer treadle), furniture pieces from various people in the family. Like you, I like old/vintage/memories.

Our Neck of the Woods said...

This is a wonderful idea! I have so many treasures from my grandmother as she has always been a bit of a pack rat ;) She is trying to downsize so has given me many amazing milk glass vases, china sets, kitchen utensils, furniture, and much more. They are my treasures!

PS - Thanks so much for the sweet comment about Buttercup. I really appreciate it, Faith!

glor said...

Oh Faith, what a beautiful treasure. I would think that just holding it brings an abundance of joy. I have very little of my grandmother, but there are a few very special items. Her hanky and a holy water font that was her mother's are my most treasured. I will have to take pictures of them. What was your grandmother's name ... see the M on the hanky. Blessings sweet sister.