Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, December 14, 2012

Vintage Santa


This Santa has been in our family for over 60 years.  I'm not quite sure where he came from, but I grew up with this Santa, and now my boys have enjoyed him in their growing years. He is showing some wear & tear here & there...but overall looks pretty good. I have the original plain cardboard box he came in, he folds in half, and there "used" to be a stand cardboard piece which kept him upright, so now he is propped  up , until I can figure out how to fix him.



3 comments:

glor said...

Ohhhh, I love the Santa. What a treasure. Aren't these from years ago such treasures. Brings to mind a simpler time. Blessings dear sister.

pattas said...

He is looking good for a guy of his age :))

janice15 said...

It's always wonderful to have something from your younger years...so sweet Santa is...Happy Holidays my dear sweet friend with love Janice