Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Thinking Garden...are you?

With the new year fresh upon us, and my little garden all covered in white gllistening silence. I wonder...how the garlic I planted is doing there beneath the mantle of white. And what about the Lavender which up to a week ago appeared to be growing still, and had actually grown when I moved it a different location. will it return? 
The Lemon Verbena, I decided to bring in and overwinter in the basement, still has leaves, my scented rose geranium none. nd the lovely Peony which was planted the summer before..was about 1' high when my son ran it over with the lawnmover this year..will it come back?  I love the smell of the Peony, and they are ever so vintage...
Vintage, it's not just for crochet round here...I'm finding interesting plants of the vintage nature which I would like to share in my garden space this year.


 

Lady's Mantle. I like the name, I wonder if it comes in pinks or reds?  It is in the rose family.
.

4 comments:

pattas said...

Happy New year to you Faith.I do hope your garden survives the winter snow.. I had and early start in my garden this morning as the weather man said it was going to be hot... well so far here in the North it hasn't eventuated, but on the east coast there is a fire burning out of control..
One extreme to another...
Hope you are able to get a little crochet happening :)) HUgs pat.

Sandy said...

Peonies are indeed vintage, you don't see them much these days. I feel the same about Lilacs. Used to have both, both things change over time in the gardens. And now with so many people having their yards professional done, well it's not the same. Doesn't look or smell the same. Then with all the chemicals we don't get to see as many butterflies either. Your post has taken me back, as you had in mind when you penned it. HollyHocks....(sp), I planted them a few years back; but they didn't do well...another vintage I remember fondly.

Faith said...

Thank you for commenting friends...I'll be over to visit.

Snowcatcher said...

I never stop thinking garden. I go through withdrawals when the first freeze takes the outdoor plants! I try to keep as many indoors as I can so I can enjoy the growth all year.

Best wishes to you in the coming year!