Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, February 15, 2013

Creative Endeavors...time for a change?

Or,  Can't find my niche....?
I seem to be toying with the idea of a shift in my creativity..or expanding it. So many of you do more then one thing, and you do them all beautifully...blog after blog...talent....I've put the hooks n thread away for a while..maybe I'll come back to it, I always do at some point. But I've become frustrated with making more things that I have no idea what to do with. I've given Etsy and Handmade Artist a try, it's not for me. I don't think there is a market for what I make with hook n thread. Yes, I like it, and some of you do too, but then most of you who, bless your hearts stop here, can create your own lovlies...so I'm singing to the choir arn't I.?  I'm searching for something with a  new creative flair....arn't we all I suppose. Maybe it is time for me to try something new? Expanding the old horizon....but where, how and with what? 
I have an incling to paint...we'll part of the fun is the journey, and heaven knows there is so much inspiration here in neighborhood blogosphere...been taking a lot of walks and getting inspired...
I feel best when I am creating something..is'nt it fun to be all excited over beginning a new project, you know that feeling you get when you find "THE PROJECT", the perfect one which sets your heart afluuter...you just have to try...that's what I'm looking for....
I'm always into something...or another...
What would you do if .....
you had a cutting board ( wooden ), and let's say it belonged to your Grandmother and it couldn't be used anymore for food prep, what would you do with it?
Paint it...? Chalkboard paint?
Incorporate crochet potholders to it....
make it a sign.....
stencils

?
Thinking or trying to thing outside the box....
but keeping things simple...


  

4 comments:

Knot Forgotten Studio said...

Good Morning,
I know what you mean about trying different creative projects. I too sometimes get burned out with my craft(crochet). I take a break...I putter around with a few different things..sewing,cooking,photography,
decorating my home,rearranging my furniture etc..but, I always come back to crochet...it's what I am good at and I'm not so good at those other things. If I had my Grandmas cutting board I might attach some cup hooks to the bottom or side and hang some pretty china cups on it. I would some how make and attach a small collage of photos of Grandma(black & white?) trimmed with some pretty lace or ribbon and then hang it in my kitchen or dining room. I now wish I had one of my Granndmas cutting boards! :)
Have a Lovely Day, penny x

Faith said...

Penny, thank you for stopping over, I'd love to visit you at your place, but I don't use facebook, is there another way I can connect with your blog? Thanks so much...

Gloria...you are a doll..sister...
Thank you

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh I love out side the box. That's when it really gets fun. I've never been the girl who could color within the lines, I always had to draw more stuff on the page, too. So I truly understand what you are saying.

I thinking painting would be awesome. One of the best pieces of advice I got when I was drawing (many years ago) is to draw/paint not what your eye see's for there are camera's for that, but what you see in your heart. I always left stuff out and added stuff to my drawings, that is what is so much fun about drawing/painting being creative...you do what you want to...follow you heart dear friend.

Sending out prayers your way and may only blessings shine upon your door step. :)

Willow said...

I love your blog. I would maybe sand the cutting board down, put a picture of your grandmother and recipe card with her favorite recipe on it and decopage the whole thing. A wonderful thing to pass down to your family.