Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Oh my darlin's......

Hi all....


For goodness sakes, it's been almost a week since I've posted a peep....
We had computer issues last week, well actually we still do, but it's functional to a point.  I spent every day last week with that thing trying to fix, patch, download, undo...you name it I think I did it.

Last week was different...for sure...:)  I told you my DH started classes for his CDL, the computer was on the fritz, and then on Friday DH had to have a physical to be able to get behind the wheel of the truck which isn't for about 3 more weeks. He failed the eye test...and at age 49 has cataracts.   What?  So we have
to look into that this week, find a Dr etc, etc....They are flexible with the training so it won't be a problem.

On Saturday, my baby....now 11 years old had his cross over ceremony from
 Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts.
He was the only one out of the original pack which stayed in, and so he was the main attraction..We had to go up on the stage with him, and present him with his Arrow of Light Award, the highest level you can achieve in Cub Scouts. I didn't cry....but got teary eyed several times. It was a lovely ceremony, filled with formality, and rituals from many years as  a boy leaves the cub scouts,
and joins the Troop.  

Time flies...

I have much to catch up on around the neighborhood....

The post about the farmhouse candy dish was featured over at Dolly's place,
Thank you, Dolly. :)  Go there now and check out her place.....







And..


.I've become a contributor
here....I look forward to posting and contributing here...I'll be sure to let you all know when I do, until then, do stop over and visit...

http://homesteadbloggersnetwork.com/

Contributor at the Homestead Bloggers Network

Now, I'm off catching up....I've missed you all this week....


:)

2 comments:

Deborah Jean at Dandelion House said...

Hi Faith! So glad to see you featured over at Dolly's' place! Our boy is working on his Eagle now..You'll be there before you know it! thanks for sharing all you do at Farmgirl Friday!
xo Deb

Beansieleigh said...

Well, funny you should mention the candy dish, Ethel, because I just picked up my little feeder today!!! Only came in one color, red, but I was happy enough that it would still go very nicely in either my living room OR my kitchen.. But, YES, I just had to tell you that I found one at the very store I mentioned to you earlier, so off I go, just as soon as I can to pick up just the right candies, then I'll get to make a farmhouse candy dish of my own!! I'll post it just as soon as I can.. probably a couple of days or so. It can get pretty busy around here, so we'll see!.. Congratulations to your son! Great to hear his dedication to the scouts, and the advancement he's achieved! Well done!! ~lucy