Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, April 15, 2013

Everybody Collects Something...An Aunt Clara moment

Today I was looking around the basement for a paint brush of course I did'nt find it, and why would I find that which I was looking for, isn't it the way that goes?  But I happened upon something which I had forgotten about long ago, and what I was going to do with it.  Never the less there it was, right where I had left so long ago now, waiting it's turn to be crafted or re used for something..and then SHE came to my mind...( for those of you under maybe 40 you may not have had the wonderful priveledge of seeing this lovely lady & her very special Aunt..

 internet photo


Aunt Clara, and Samantha...one of my favorites tv shows as a young girl. How beautiful Samantha was, and her dear lovely sometimes confused Aunt Clara, who collected...." Bewitched TV show "


internet photo..
but it I could find one like this with the keyhole and all....oh my ! :)  Charming...

yep, doorknobs of every shape, size & color.  I'm a little more particular than Aunt Clara, for I like the glass ones which look like this one. I have one which we bought at an antique store many years ago in Indiana, I had always thought I would like to redo all the doors with these gems...and I still would all these years later.  It got me to thinking about what we collect and why.. we all do it..collect something or another. And whether or not I'll ever do anything with my one glass doorknob, I'm still keeping it. Who knows maybe someday I'll get that special place and all the doors with be filled with these lovelies....until then...

What's in your Aunt Clara Bag? 

4 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I use to love watching Bewitched when I was a kid, too. It was a funny show.

Oh the door knob looks so pretty. Hang on to it, you never know, you just might find a place that has them already...

Blessings always dear friend.

Vikki Hooks said...

I was looking for a pattern the other day and ran across so patterns for dolls..and had all the heads and arms feet, and little music boxes..I don't think I am a collector as much as I may be a hoarder..lol

Snowcatcher said...

Ha, what a fun memory (and spurred by a treasure of a find!!!). I'd forgotten about Aunt Clara's doorknobs.

While looking for a specific photo in my basement over the weekend, I stumbled across all my Broncos memorabilia. I'm not really much of a sports fan anymore, so I'm thinking about putting it on the driveway for the community garage sale next month with a sign: "Free to good home!"

The things we find when we're looking for something else!

Michelle said...

I remember Bewitch. I have glass doorknobs for the same thing. I also have a bedroom set from the early late 20, late 30's. I hope to use both of them in my guest bedroom.