Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Vintage isn't just for Crochet Patterns

Hello Ma Darlin's
I do have a "fancy" for Vintage...which is the new buzzword for Old Fashioned...I like both of those words, they both describe something which brings me joy. I like this" OlFasiontage" of many things, and I found a new joy for these types of recipes, and so when I find them I like to give them a try. This is a favorite round my little homestead, easy peasy
I'm fairly certain that I posted this recipe, and this is precisely why I'm trying to organize my place, because who knows where I put it, I could have slipped it in here or there, so today because I have one of the beauties in my hearth as we speak, I'll share it once more, and then put it in the proper place under " Recipe Box", how's about that?
Ok...here we go....
I did not create this recipe, but just found it browsing round the web....

Cheese Freeze 1940's Cheescake
Time 45 minutes
350 ( 180)
Ingredients ( Crust )
20 Graham Crackers or 1 1/2cups, 375 ml cracker crumbs.
4 Tbs (60 ml) Butter
1/4 cup ( 60 ml) sugar
Melt buter, add to sugar and ground up very fine cracker crumbs, press into pan.
The recipe calls for a 8" pan, but I use a springform and double up.
Filling
Filling
Combine :\
1 lb ( 450 g) cream cheese
2 eggs
1/3 cup ( 80 ml) sugar
1 tsp ( 5 ml) vanilla
1/8 tsp ( 1/2 ml) salt
And mix these all together
Pour into the crust and bake 35 minutes at 350  ( 180 )
Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
Mix the ingredients for the topping, pour over the cooled pie and
 bake an addition 10 minutes
I have found that 20 grahams make more than 1 1/2 cups, use more butter/suger to
accomdate for the springform pan.
Topping
Topping 1 pint ( 500 ml) sour cream
1/3 cup ( 80 ml) sugar
1 tsp ( 5 ml) vanilla 
I just took mine out of the oven, and it is cooling.  Tomarrow is the test final for my
husband and his truck adventure...:)  Whether he passes this test or not, we celebrate
so I made the cheescake because it's what I had on hand, and his favorite
Lasagna is on order from a local restaurant as a "treat". Fresh bread was made yesterday which will
turned into garlic bread, and artichoke in garlic/olive oil appetizer and salad....
Hey, I making myself hungry.
And now....the dishes - Oh bother....:)

I'm Contributing today at:
Contributor at the Homestead Bloggers Network
Homestead Bloggers Network

circa 2011 The ORIGINAL Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop
Deborah Jean Friday Farmgirl Bloghop

5 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Yum! :)

Hope you are having a lovely day dear friend.

Vikki Hooks said...

I am coming over to your house for dinner..that all sounds so good. Praying for good things for your hubby and your family as I write this..blessings always

Faith said...

You're welcome anytime...if you want the good stuff stop by tomarrow...thank you for prayers and support you always share with me...you guys are awesome.

pattas said...

All the very Best to you all... Delish recipe, lovely with lemon zest:))

Hoping your day is special one..
hugs Pat :))

Bev Carter said...

This cheese cake sounds heavenly. I love all of your crocheted items. I collect many of these and love to crochet but have not done much lately.
I am your newest GFC.
Have a wonderful week,
Bev
@ Eclectic Red Barn