Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, May 3, 2013

Round Ripple My way

I'm going to do a Frank Sinatra here with this round ripple doily I posted about two post back,
and do it my way.
It won't be as pretty as the two shown, but will be a good template for me to follow for the next one I make with just the right colors..these are from the stash bucket...I think it is going along ok. I'm doing this from a picture so it may vary just a wee bit from the original one, but that is what makes it mine anyway. I'm sure I am like most of you who work a pattern, and then switch something up at the end to make it yours. We'll see...
 
I did these all today.  I do my best hooking in the car waiting to pick up my son from school, rule numero uno...
don't leave home without hook and yarn....it does help pass the time in a constructive way.
 
 
Linking up today...
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Michelle said...

It looks great. My travel companion is my Nook. I love to read and it really comes in hand on long trips.

pattas said...

Looking good from here :))

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I love it! I am looking forward to watching your progress on this. :)

I need to start carrying around my hook and yarn/thread, too.

Blessings always dear friend.

Vikki Hooks said...

Hi Faith..I am sorry I haven't been leaving comments lately..but I figured I had better as I don't want you to think I am not stopping by. I can't crochet in the car and don't think I haven't tried..with my ears and the balance thing it tends to make me feel ill. So I don't carry my crochet with me unless I know I am going somewhere that requires me to sit and be still for some period of time..Have a great weekend. Hugs and blessings.

Sandy said...

Love the colors, and you are soooooo right about rule number #1!!! You also had me smile about Frank Sinatra. Now that songs going to be in my head all day.