Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A splash of colors

 
Peonies!  One of my favorites...
This is the only one from this year, it popped up in a place it hadn't been before..much to my joy and surprise. I began a plant a few years ago, and moved it another location last year,
it didn't get very tall, and no buds..and my son ran it over with the lawnmover...goodbye!
Well it came up again this year and I have been gaurding it with my life, there are no buds
maybe next year..but at least I had this surprise beauty.....
 

5 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I have always loved peonies as well. I think they are so pretty.

Sometimes, it's nice to have just one flower, it makes it so much more special, don't you think. :)

Blessings always dear friend.

pattas said...

Dear Faith that is so pretty.. :)) I must admit I do not know a lot about Peonies but have been given several and hoping they will show there beautiful faces this summer... :)

It is a little windy and cold here today.. They say there is snow on the mountain....brrr...
hugs pat :))

Therese said...

I have 2 peonies plants. Last year was the first year that I got a flower on one. They are beautiful.
Have a great day.

Faith said...

Therese, I have returned the visit and stopped by to chit chat..Thank you...We have 2 things in common now Peonies & Crochet....show us what you got girl...we all love to see what you've done or are during with the hook....

Faith said...

My Stitchy & Pat, my dear ones who have been with me a while..Peoonies
are so beautiful, I find it interesting they even grown in Tasmania & Ohio what a match eh?
Love it.... thank you for stopping by...Stitchy...what's on your hook now?