Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Chit chat over the fence post

Hello Neighbor!  Looks like rain today in our backyards, and even a rumble or two of thunderboomers.
The County Fair?  Did you go this year?
We went yesterday, with the threat of rain, humidity and higher temps we decided to go and make a day of yesterday.
No, I didn't win anything with my entry, I know you all told me...but nevertheless if was something for this old gal to try anyway. I meant to take pictures of what beat me out..the first prize was a Barbie Doll, but her crochet Victorian Outfit was lovely and beauifully made. Second place a doily in a frame REALLY? and third place was another doily of sorts. Go figure. Maybe they had no idea what my piece was for I don't know...but I jumped out of the box and did something I've never done before...the daredevil I am LOL! It's all good, and " On to the next "......
Would I do it again...quite possibly...
I want to make a pie today...it's already 12:32, and I've got a hankerin for some pie. I'm being a lazy gal today for I think we walked around about 5 hours yesterdsy. Blogger is most frustrating. What you say? Really?  I hadn't noticed. I wish someone would come up with some serious competition for Blogger, something which is user friendly and you don't have to have your own tech team standing in the ready. All I wanted to do was center my header picture, and it changed everything, and so while I am not completely satisfied..I'll leave well enough alone for now and carry on. I'm at the age now where I  know when, ( enough)   when is...!
 

8 comments:

Home Meadows said...

Sorry your entry didn't win, it was a pretty piece. Hope your pie turned out well. Take care, Heather

janice15 said...

Well. I'm glad you entered your piece even though you didn't win.. You tired and that'a plus in it's self..and being that you never had been there I'm glad you got to go.. well have you ever tried tinypic.com to get your picture a code then do the script.. then to center it put an arrow then the word center then another arrow then put the code in the middle between those words center I will have to re look the directions cause lol I can't remember it all.. I will check and get back to you.. Have a lovely day tomorrow.. with love Janice

Betty said...

You always have to try something new is what I say. It is good that you entered.

My Mom had a doll on her bed that had a crochet dress on it and now it sits on My Granddaughters bed.

I know what you mean about blogger. Everytime I change the template all the fonts change and I have to go in there and fix them.

Faith said...

Thank you ladies, you know I love when you stop over...:)

Vikki Hooks said...

Hi Faith..sorry you didn't win at the fair. It is hot and humid here with a big chance of storms today. I don't like the stickiness at all. I don't mess with my blog, everytime I do I mess up something so it has been the same pretty much since I started blogging. If it isn't broke why fix it..

glor said...

What do they know, your's was by far the best! I'm tryig again to post a comment ... here goes

Faith said...

Yippie Gloria, your comment took...and it was a sweet one.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I've tried using Word Press, but it makes me break out in hives! It's crazy how it's set up...not easy at all like blogger. Hang in there....you are preaching to the choir girl, preaching to the choir!

Hugs and blessings