Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I am so making this!

Long Hooded Cape Crochet Pattern
 
 
This has caught my eye more than one time..I finally ordered the pattern for download today, and I got
20% off using the promo key. Go to Annies to see what suits your fancy.
 
Off..to Pat Catans, looking for yarn will I see you there?  I like the off white, and would also love this in a cranberry color. The off white will go with everything won't it....I hope that I can finish this...I usually have difficulty with this type of thing, the last time I tried to make a simple vest, it was wide enough for me, my husband, and one of our boys to all be in at the same time...boy did we have a laugh....:)   


I'm back, with warm ivory yarn, and the hook....she will be a flyin....I do hope this will be a successful adventure, as this is just lovely, and feminine, and it should be warm with worsted weight # 4 yarn. Red Heart was 2 for $6.00 today
at Pat Catans. Wouldn't pearl buttons be just the berries on this?  And/Or, a crochet rose done in cranberry....

Love it.....having fun moving the hook....I hope that I can take a picture of "progress".....you never know
with me and what will happen with these patterns...:)  
 
 

8 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Goodness that is lovely. I am so looking forward to seeing your progress on this. :)

Blessings always sweet friend

Charlotte Huffman said...

It is beautiful! I have the same problem with sizing when I attempt to make any type of clothing. That's why I stick with doilies and afghans. If they come out too big, who cares? Good luck with this project. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Snowcatcher said...

That is going to be so beautiful! I hope you do post progress photos, and I'd love to see the Big Sea Vest! I've made a few too biggies, too!

Vikki Hooks said...

LOVE that pattern....when you make any type of clothing you almost always have to make a gauge swatch..I know I don't like doing it either, but in the long run making the adjustments in the hook size and the yarn and thread at the beginning will save you heartache..and your project. I am going to annie's now to look at the cape..love it...

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I think it will look so pretty!
I can't wait to see yours.
Pat

Faith said...

UGH Gauge! :( This may explain just why my things don't exactly work out. I tend to crochet loose, so I am going with a smaller hook.
I'm on row 6 and have not checked gauge..oh bother. Vikki is right
I should do this..she is the professional and knows what she is talking about, so before I go any further...I'll measure...and adjust
oh bother.... thank you all for your comments...this really is lovely isn't it?

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

That's really pretty!

LindaCrochets said...

Looks like a pretty design. Makes me feel all warm...with cold weather coming! Keep us posted on your progress.