Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Heating pad and the hook on tap for today

I havn't moved the hook in a while, oh I've picked it up and attempted to make something several times, I want to make something, but I've not been " Inspired" to make something, you know what I mean..maybe not, some of you have bucket lists a mile long of things you want to get to eventually. 
I have attempted more then several times to make a doily I saw in Crochet World, it's a lovely Fall doily, I don't have any Fall doilies, so I suppose that is on my to do list. Anyway, for some reason I just cannot get this pattern started. I've
made the Irish Crochet rose before on other doilies with no problems, this one...I just can't seem to get past the 4th row...
do you think it's the color?  Pumpkin Orange...Some colors are for sure easier on me old eyes, and the dark ones...
I shy away from those.  Well, my knee is swollen and stiff today, so I think I'll sit and try to do this again today...
wish me luck..  It really is a pretty doily and you find the link here   
I had a picture of this from the internet of the magazine cover. I don't know what happened, but all the sudden the picture changed and it was an afgan.
 
Isn't this lovely?  If you can't find the magazine, you can download the pattern for a small cost, that is what I did.
You'll find me with hook n yarn, & heating pad today...resting my old bones and bumstead knee...
 
Have a Great Day.... 

3 comments:

Vikki Hooks said...

Hi Faith, sorry to hear your knee is giving you fits..it is that time of year that the aches and pains come isn't it? I thought about making the cover doily, then there was another in the mag that caught my attention, but I haven't made that one either. Hope hubby is liking his new job..hugs and prayers.

Home Meadows said...

The doily is beautiful Faith.

I've had all sorts of problems with my knee(s) and ended up at the orthopedic. Use an ice pack (or a bag of frozen peas) on the knee instead of heat. My ortho said heat can make it worse. Food for thought. Best wishes. Heather

Betty W said...

That is a pretty doily. Some days it is best to just relax. As I get older my knees hurt alot. Not sure if my problem is my age or my weight. HA! HA!