Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, November 1, 2013

I did some " Froggin" with the lacy hooded shawl, many times. a forgotten stitch here or there,
a miscount what have you. I became more comfortable with the pattern and realized that I was doing it wrong anyway, and the entire thing would have been askew. Mistakes can be beneficial.
So, beginning it once again, taking my time. I have this problem that I want everything yesterday and can't wait to finish the piece, when the journey is the part which can be therapeutic for me, trying to slow down, it will get done.
I have been remiss in showing you all, what was in Vikki's giveaway box I receive two weeks ago now.



I know it sideways, it is correct in my picture file, and it insists on showing this way...
I don't know...anyway  there is plenty of thread there to make a bevy of beautiful
creations. I've not ever used Bucilla before, it has a shimmer to it.

Thank you Vikki....
 

2 comments:

Preeti said...

You got a good collection of threads in the giveaway :) congrats!!
I too had this image trouble few months back. You need to open in paintbrush, just reverse around to get it straight again. Even if straight, still reverse and set proper again. I know it's funny to do that. Then save the image. Again upload it to blogger after removing the earlier one. You may try it next time if you get this issue.

Charlotte Huffman said...

Great prize! I hate when I realize I've made a mistake that means I have to "frog"! Good luck!