Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Put your wooly bullies on.....

We just got out of a cold snap and snow, much of you are familar with that scenario this time of year..
Today it is supposed to be 35 and we are having a heat wave before the bottom drops out, the predictions are for near zero next week. Such is the magic of wintertime, and soon Buckeye Chuck and
Puxatawny Phil will be making their appearances and see their shadows, or will they? 

I'm enjoying the cozy up inside time, trying to find something to amuse my hook.
I've never crocheted mittens or gloves before, how hard can it be? 
I began a purse, then started a tote with granny squares, but the whole cutting and weaving thing
makes me tired, and I loose interest. 

So, a mitten I shall try...
Remember...a movin hook is a happy hook....

 

3 comments:

Charlotte Huffman said...

Brr! It's cold here in SC also. They are calling for 9 degrees in the morning! And the kids start back to school! I agree about getting the hook going. Keeps you warm and your mind occupied!

Vikki Hooks said...

I am not a fan of winter anyways..right now it is -2 and that is our high for today...supposed to really get cold tonight and tommorrow am...last night I finished up a runner..and am going to hook a smaller runner today..it is an order so at least my fingers keep moving if the rest of me is too frozen to. Stay warm and cozy in the next few days..hugs

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Stay warm, negative temps here with very bad windchills, they are asking people to stay off the roads and stagger the drive into work if you have to go in. We got 10 inches of snow which is a lot for us in St Louis.