Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Just off the hook

Good Day All!
Happy Fall!

Oh this is my absolute favorite time of year. Leaves here are changing slowly and beautifully, even with our diminished temperatures, which are perfect for sleeping.

I just pulled this off the hook on Friday. Ever thought of making a capelet?  I have been looking for a pattern and this one caught my eye, and you can find it here.



 There is a charge for the pattern, however it works up like a charm, and is well written. I chose Simply Soft Yarn by Caron. It makes lovely garments, soft and shimmery. I am making one in this color which is Plum, and I purchased a new Bone color since the first was a messy tangle. I managed to salvage some, and pitched the rest, but not without a note to Caron. They have been in contact with me to address my concerns.
I'm still working on the granny ripple ghan for my son.  I wanted to fashion up this capelet first to give me a break from the loud bold colors of the afghan, and work something up, more to my taste for a change of pace.

  

5 comments:

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I've never thought of making a caplet. In fact I'm not for sure what it is.
Like a shawl, but just resting on the shoulders...I'm guessing.
Too bad about the problem with the yarn. I hadn't heard that you had a problem... I might need to go back a few posts and catch up.
I like this plum color. Very sweet.
off too 'google' caplet.

:) have a nice week!

Preeti said...

It's looking very pretty!! Lovely color:)

Patricia Lewis said...

Just gorgeous... I love it and the pattern.. :)) Thanks for stopping by my place , :)) So much happening..Summer is on the way , and I can't wait... Hugs pat ..

Charlotte Huffman said...

Happy fall, y'all! Cute capelet! Hope you get your yarn issues resolved.

janice15 said...

O my it's lovely Faith, I haven't been on line to much so I need to back log on post as well. Thank you for your visit and kind words. I tried to visit yesterday morning but didn't get very far had to do a big sidewalk sale on 90 degree weather Big Yuk... I love this piece that you made.. Have a very blessed wonderful Sunday with love Janice