Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Crochet Cowl Poncho WIP

I few posts back, I invited you to visit with Pammy Sue, many of you already know her, and her crochet work and love of the craft.  If you haven't visited there review a few posts back to get the link to her place and see they eye candy of the Crochet kind.
She made a lovely cowl poncho, and I got hook envy, so I'm fashioning one up too. I just finished up the cowl portion. I want to thank Pammy Sue for her assistance and encouragement. I do have a picture of the cowl portion of the project, using yarn I had on hand Caron Simply Soft, I cannot recall the name of it at the moment.  I did choose a few yarns to go with it, and see what I can bring to the party from the stash bucket.
 
There was some new stitches learned in this for me, and I got plenty of practice using them on the cowl portion.  Forward and back post stitches. I had done forward but the backward I had never done before, there are are many great tutorials, and depending how you learn you can find a printed with pictures or  video, I use both, but prefer the actual demonstration.
 
 
  
Looking forward to the New Year, and wishing you all a happy healthy one.
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I created my first piece this year, using a front post/dc... for a hat for my 3 year old grandson- it was red and white and mimicked Waldo's hat, from
"Where's Waldo". My first time learning HOW to do this stitch and incorporating it in a project.
Your cowl poncho...sounds like it will be nice and warm!
Happy New Year!

Michelle said...

Happy New Year. Hope it's a great one for you.

Charlotte Huffman said...

Good job! I just had to make another one using worsted weight yarn. I had no clue when I made my first one that "chunky yarn" in UK was our worsted weight! Happy New Year!

Patricia Lewis said...

Well I have been checking out the stitch you have used for the cowl, thinking it was made using a Tunisian st... but now I see it is f/bpost... I still have no clue on how to put it all together , although I do have a poncho pattern from years ago...The idea of making one is getting stronger lol soooo hugs pat ..