Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Off the hook

Hello All!

It's finally off the hook, it seems like this took me a long time, but in 3-4 weeks I think. I just did a few rows a day so I suppose it felt like it wouldn't end. I'll be soon to have another one the hook, as with this one it will have mixed yarn types, but it works out well. I love,love,love Caron Simply Soft, and I've paired it up with my go to Red Heart Super Saver. I had a mixture of yarn, here at home and bought a few to go with, did the same with the next one, so I'm stash bustin as I go long, until I sell
something, I hope that will be sooner than later. I have a small venue in mind, and if they sell there , then I'll make a couple more for the fall craft show.

I have to secure the hanging loose ends, and then she'll be ready to wear when the winter winds and cold yield to a kinder gentler season. Mine ended up with 31 rows plus the boarder, it will drape just a little bit past my elbow. I am well pleased with how it finished up, and like the color combo.
***** Photo Disclaimer***** I am not a photographer, really? It is what it is:)



colors are a wee bit off in these pictures, the camera doesn't capture the exact hues.





For this next one, a mixture of the same yarns Caron Simply Soft, and Red Heart. I already had the soft blue, and Bone of the Caron,,and I bought a variegated Red Heart which has a mixtlure of the blue,bone,a little brown,ivory& white. I like the variegated in the mix, add texture and a small burst of color combinations of the other yarns.

Linking up Deborah Jeans Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop

8 comments:

Charlotte Huffman said...

Looks great!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh I love the colors...it's beautiful. :)

Blessings always

Faith said...

Thank you for stopping ladies, I appreciate the feedback.

Pammy Sue said...

Yipee! You finished! So pretty. I'm making another one too, but it's slow-going. I haven't touched it since the first four rows a week ago, but I'm gonna get back at it now.

dabbsc said...

These are nice color combinations. It's good to know that you can mix the Caron simply soft with the other yarn. Very pretty.

Faith said...

the Caron Simply Soft is so nice to use around the cowl area, soft for the neck portion of the poncho, it's all worsted # 4, it's all good. Thank you for stopping over.

Brenda said...

I have been eyeing a pattern like this. I really like the colors you used. My oldest daughter has also asked me to make the Long hooded shawl you have a picture of over to the side. Did it take you very long. I still need to order the pattern.

Faith said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments. I'll look over at my Ravelry account and see if I've documented about the cape, and I'll get back to you Brenda.