Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Fasten Off, and move on to the next...

The poncho is coming along, and I anticipate that it will be off the hook loose ends and all by next weekend, not this weekend as I had hoped. It is turning out real nice as well, and I think for now that I have exhausted myself with that pattern, for a little while at least.  I may make one more if I will do the craft fair thing.
 
So, on to the next, I have started a doily but have not done anything with for about 1 week, my plan was to do 1 row a day. But that is also not capturing my interest, so I've out and about on Pinterest looking for something else.  If I am going to do a craft fair in the fall, I need something rather quick .
 
If someone could tell me what Bohemian Crochet is I would appreciate it. I found some lovely items with that title, and I would love to know what makes something Bohemian?
 
I saw this cute little purse on Pinterest, I've got stash, so why not?



http://crochetdreamz.blogspot.com/

That's about it for today, Happy hook moving :)

P.S.
http://www.simplycrochetmag.co.uk/

This looks like a really nice Crochet Magazine, it is printed in the UK.
Simply Crochet

I'd like to look into this, I have not seen this around the craft stores in my area. Anyone
stateside get this?

 

3 comments:

Vikki Hooks said...

Hi Faith, I can't find any crochet mags in my area..let alone something that isn't printed stateside..I have decided if I want a magazine I have to subscribe to it. Really irks me though because most of the time there isn't a whole lot of anything in the magazine..just lots of ads...Hope you have an awesome week and figure out what you want to create..

Faith said...

I stopped at JoAnn's today, and they did have just a few issues of Simply Crochet. I don't usually purchase these because there isn't usually much of interest to me. This one which is made in UK seems to have a different take on the ones from the US. Albeit it was 12.99 when I went thru the checkout, because it is not in US $. I'll let you know if it's worth it.

Pammy Sue said...

You can get it a little cheaper online if all you want is a digital copy. You can probably Google it and get to the digital subscription page. I buy it every now and then, but it's too expensive to get every month, at least for me! I love that ruffled purse! Cute!