Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, April 9, 2015

My Chimes are very musical today

And it is a pleasurable breeze that is blowing this day. Spring is here, at least for today. The windows are open, the birds are singing, and I've put out the most adorable chimes, the top portion looks like an old vintage doorknob and plate, and the clacker? is an old skeleton key. I've had it for years, but have never put it outside, living on the edge today. If it gets to windy, I'll bring her in.

   I've planted Rhubarb. Been wanting to for some time, and was unable to find any.  We went to the nursery this week, and they are getting in spring plants, so I picked up Rosemary as well.  I've got the old pesky hexy crochet on the line, blowing the dust off of her.  She is need of some repair, which reminds me that I shouldn't attempt to make things in motif's, it just not my bag. Oh the joining..just not my thing. But oh how lovely the crochet motif anything is. 

I've been busy with the spring cleaning, as it is not not something which I can put off any longer. Now that my husband isn't working the seasonal job at nights, and is unemployed once again. I can move about smartly and it's ok if I make a little racket.  There is a storm coming so they say, and so for now the windows are open, and I'm keeping a watch on the skies to bring in the afghan off the line.All this wind is bringing in a cold front.

A snippet of the pesky hesky, with a peonie from gardens past. 

Have a good one, doing what you do.

2 comments:

annamaria magda said...

wonderful,greetings from anna

Charlotte Huffman said...

Weather has been lovely here this week but they're calling for rain this afternoon. I love hearing my windchimes too.